How does the Best Rate Guarantee work?
It’s simple, we guarantee the best rate at the time of booking. If you have been quoted a better rate from a legally licensed limousine company we will BEAT it guaranteed!
Although this rarely happens to us as our rates are among the best in our industry.
How do we provide the Best Rate?
Again it’s simple math. Rate prices for luxury limousines include a lot of overhead the companies must pass along to their client.
Derby City Limousines minimizes our overhead costs in the below areas and pass along that savings to our clients.
- Our company is family-owned and operated. We don’t have to pay for employees to detail limos, answered phones, etc.
- All our limousines are paid for. We don’t have a monthly note payment for our vehicles like other companies.
- We own our garage location. Unlike other companies that pay huge lease bills on commercial locations each month. We built our own limousine warehouse back in 2005 and it is 100% paid for.
- We keep advertising to a minimum. You won’t see us on an expensive TV commercial or on a billboard on I65.
- We built and maintain our own website and social media platforms, this includes the coding on our online reservation system that other companies pay third party hosting for.
- We have a perfect rating with our insurance carrier with no claims ever! This means we are able to provide fully compliant form E insurance and pay the absolute lowest cost possible.
Best Rate Guarantee Limitations.
Every guarantee has to have limitations, here’s our list. Please don’t call us after you have booked a reservation and ask about getting a discount or price reduction. Our best rate guarantee doesn’t work like that. How it works is simple, we guarantee the best rate at the time of booking. If you have been quoted a better rate from a legally licensed limousine company we will BEAT it at that time only and only if you book with us then and there will we give you the better deal. Not only will we look to get you a better price, but also upgrade your limo!
- The comparable rates must be in writing, text or email from a fully licensed and legal limousine company in Kentucky or Indiana. We will not accept rate quotes from private individuals that picked up a limo on eBay and decided to rent it out to his friends with regular auto insurance. See our article on How To Tell If A Limo Is Legal.
- The best rate is only given at the time of reservation. Once your trip is booked and confirmed we have a contract. This is not the time to call competitors seeking comparable rates.
- We will not go back and forth in a bidding war. If at the time of reservation we are presented with a quote from a competitor we will counter that with a better deal, this is a one time offer and will not be honored by calling back later.
Other Things To Consider While Seeking The Best Rate.
When comparing rate quotes watch the terms of the quote. Many limousine companies get you with extra line items after the quoted price.
- For example the gratuity, also known as the driver’s tip. Derby City Limousines will NEVER force a gratuity to be added to the quote, although it is common in this industry to add a mandatory 20% drivers tip at the end of the trip and surprise your quote wasn’t the best deal after all. We have found that by leaving the drivers tip at the client’s discretion that not only do they get the best service possible but also has the option to adjust the amount to the service they have received.
- Another common line item is the “Booking Fee”. Derby City Limousines does not charge a booking fee or any other kind of fee for booking with us.
- The “Gas Surcharge” is another line item some competitors like to add after the quoted rate. Again Derby City Limousines does not charge any hidden fees.
- “Sales Tax”. Well, you got us on this one, yes this is the ONLY mandatory addon you will get on our invoice. Like every legal company operating in Kentucky, we must add a 6% KY sales tax to your quoted rate.